About the Department:
The Department of Mathematics started its journey in 1993 offering a General Course at its onset. Honours Course in Mathematics was introduced in the year 2007. The department has at present four teachers who are involved in regular interaction with the students via lectures and practical sessions. Our faculty members are specialized in various fields of mathematics such as Algebra, Real and Complex analysis, Functional analysis, Topology, Fluid mechanics and Discrete mathematics etc. The aim of the Department is to foster scientific temper and encourage rational thinking among students that will make them ethical and responsible citizen of India. Apart from regular courses , the department is offering classes/guidance to the students preparing for NTA, JAM and WBJECA Examinations also.Most of the students who have passed from this department progressed to higher education, like M.Sc, MCA. Many of our students are working as school teachers; some are in the Civil Administrative Services and a few are working in Colleges and Universities.
- UG Math Honours Course Syllabus under University of North Bengal.- Click here
- UG Math Prog. Course syllabus under University of North Bengal. – Click here
- Class routine
- For Odd semester (2021-2022)-Click here
- For even semester (2021-2022)- Click here
- The department has a dedicated Laboratory well equipped with computers and ICT technology.
- With the Department’s own capacity, there are more than 100 books (both text-books and reference books) meant for lending to Honours students.
- Remedial /tutorial classes are held regularly for students to clear their doubts.
- Faculty and students participate in seminars, workshops , exhibitions and other co-curricular activities.
- The constant motivation, modern teaching methods coupled with regular assessment of students have helped to improve not only the overall performance score of the students but also embed in them a strong foundation of the basic concepts.
- The department organizes invited lectures by eminent professors of Universities and other institutes to help the students broaden their horizon.
- Many students of this department are now successfully placed in various fields of work in India and Abroad.
- Aims and Objectives
- Students will get a strong and valuable knowledge of mathematics which will help them to think logically and they can apply them in both their personal & professional life.
- Students will have the ability to formulate and then solve the critical and complex type problems.
- Students will create an interdisciplinary relation between the other.
- Students will have a creative and logical mind by which they can analyze& solve practical problems in their life.
- Students will apply appropriate techniques and also have the ability of modeling complex and challenging.
- Students will be able to do work as a whole or team or individually and communicate effectively with each other.
- Students will recognize the need of self learning and life-long learning to demonstrate the knowledge in the development of society and Completion of this programme will also enable the learners to join teaching profession in primary and secondary schools.
- This programme will also help students to enhance their employability for Government jobs, jobs in banking, insurance and investment sectors, data analyst jobs and jobs in various other public and private enterprises