Code of Conduct for the college students
The students of Kalimpong College are from diverse background. They come from different socio-cultural, ethno-religious groups. So, it is very important for the authority to maintain cordiality among its students as well as the staffs. There are a few guidelines for the students to follow and adopt them while at the college:
- The students need to honor and safeguard the beautiful bio-diversity.
- Students need to maintain the secular atmosphere of the college.
- Students need to abide by various ethical values and gender sensitization which are delivered during different orientation programmes of the college.
- There should be no Gender discrimination or gender barriers. College authority has zero toleration on gender bias.
- Ragging is an offence and is strictly prohibited in the college campus. Any student involved in such activities will be taken strict legal action and could be even expelled from the college if found guilty.
- Consuming Alcohol, Gutka and smoking is strictly Prohibited in the premises of the college.
- Use of mobile phones in the class rooms, library etc. is prohibited.
- The students are expected to treat the members of the entire college staff and their fellow students with courtesy both in and outside the college. There must be no disorderly or offensive conduct at any time. Strict action may be taken in such matters.
- Impersonation at Roll call is an offence.
- The students should engage in programmes like college cleaning on regular basis. Their participation in such programmes helps to inculcate a sense of belonging and also to make them aware of clean environment.
- As the campus is located in the midst of woods the students are taught to respect and conserve these green surroundings.
- College property, furniture, library books must be treated with due care. Otherwise, strict and disciplinaryaction may be taken.
- There should be mutual respect among the juniors and seniors. Juniors should respect the seniors and the same time the seniors should also maintain reverence and dignity towards their juniors.
- There should be healthy environment inside the campus, and everyone should refrain from immoral politics.
- Everyone should be having proper sense of their dress and should not wear any such clothes which is unpleasant for others. The college encourages formal wear inside the college campus.