Regulations relating to admission to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./BBA Three Years (Honours & General Degree Courses)
1. a) A student may be admitted to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./BBA Three Year Degree Course (General /Honours) after passing the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent Examinations in the general stream conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education in (10+2) pattern after 12 years of study, or an examination recognized as equivalent by the University provided he / she has passed in at least four subjects with English as Compulsory subject excluding Environmental Studies / Environmental Science / Environmental Education.
b) A candidate shall pursue B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./BBA in General Course if he/she has passed the qualifying examination in Vocational Stream subject to clause 1 (a) and 2.
2. No candidate is allowed to take up any subject in B.Sc. Course if he/she has failed to pass in the corresponding subject (s) at the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or others recognized as equivalent by the University. However:
i) A candidate shall be allowed to take up Physics if he/she has passed in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at the qualifying examination.
ii) A candidate shall be allowed to take up Botany if he/she has passed in Botany or Biology at the qualifying examination.
iii) A candidate shall be allowed to take up Zoology if he/she has passed in Zoology or Biology at the qualifying examination.
3. i) A candidate shall be allowed to take up Geography if he/she has passed in Geography at the qualifying examination.
ii) A candidate shall be allowed to take up Economics as Honours subject if he/she has passed in Mathematics or Business Economics including Business Mathematics at the qualifying examination.
iii) No general student other than those with Science Stream shall be allowed to take Science subjects as Compulsory Elective Subjects.
iv) No students of Honours category other than Geography and Economics Honours shall be allowed to take Science Subject as General Elective.
4. A candidate shall be allowed to pursue B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./BBA in General Course if he/she has passed the qualifying examinations in Vocational Stream subject to clause 2 and circular no. 13/UG-08(71) dt. 7.1.2008 of the University.
5. a) No candidate shall be allowed to take up more than one of the following as Elective Subject save and except a candidate is converted from Honours to General Course: i) English ii) Bengali iii) Hindi iv) Nepali v) Arabic vi) Urdu vii) Modern Tibetan viii) Sanskrit and ix) such other subjects as may be introduced by the University from time to time.
b) A candidate pursuing Honours in a subject shall not be allowed to study the same subject as elective.
6. a) Those candidate who have obtained either i) 55% marks in the aggregate, or ii) 50% in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject in the qualifying examination, shall be eligible to apply for admission to Honours course in the subject concerned. Admission to a course shall be subject to availability of seats and based on merit.
Provided that for SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks for eligibility shall be i) 50% marks in the aggregate or ii) 45% in the aggregate with 60% in the subject for admission to Honours in the subject concerned.
b) In the matter of eligibility to apply for admission to Honours Courses 54.5% marks or above shall be treated as 55% marks and 59.5% marks or above shall be treated as 60%.
7. Admission to all Honours Course will be based strictly on merit. Merit shall be calculated as per the following formula: Merit =(2S + T)/6
T = marks obtained in English + marks obtained in the subject opted for Honours + best marks of the other two subjects excluding EVS and the subject opted for Honours.
S = marks obtained in the subject opted for Honours. If the candidate does not have the specific subject opted for Honours in his/her previous course, the procedure for merit calculation will be as follows. Merit = T / 4.
T = marks obtained in English + best of other three subjects excluding EVS.
8. In case of admission on transfer, which shall not be permitted other than in First Year of Degree Classes (Honours & General) and within six months of commencement of classes, a student must offer the same subjects as he/she studied in the previous college.
9. Honours/General course candidates securing 40% or more marks in the practical papers of elective subjects need not appear at the practical examination of the same standard again.
10. Every student shall have to attend at least 75% of the classes actually held in a year/session to sit for any University Examination Part- I/II/III).
11. Henceforth no change of subjects, and change from General to Honours category and vice-versa shall be granted after the filling up of the form for Registration by the candidates of the respective colleges.
12. Registration form shall be filled up immediately after completion of admission process. If any student fails to fill up the Registration form on the schedule date the College will not be responsible.
13 Reservation for SC/ST/OBC (A & B) and PH (Physically Challenged) candidates shall be made as per Government Order.
FEE PAYABLE AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
1. B.A. (General Course) : Rs. 4,400
2. B.A. (General Course with Geography as Elective Subject) : Rs. 4,600
3. B.A. (Honours): Rs. 4,700
4. B.A. (Geography Honours) : Rs. 5,300
5. B.Com. (General Course) : Rs. 4,500
6. B.Com. (Honours Course) : Rs. 4,800
7. B.Sc. (General Course) : Rs. 5,000
8. B.Sc. (Honours Course) : Rs. 5,300
9. BBA 1st semester fee (At the time of Admission) - Rs.17050/-
BBA fees from second semester would be Rs.13050 / - per semester)